Monday, November 1, 2010

Priceless!

...

Defined as invaluable; having incalculable monetary, intellectual, or spiritual worth.

When I was younger I must admit that I did not get this definition right.     
Of course, I was thinking that when something was priceless, it was worthless.  Wow, was I wrong.

So, what are you worth?

What am I worth to you?....and what are you worth to me?

I was out at a hockey game (ok, the Oilers lost) recently with a friend (Greg) and he made a kind gesture to offer and pay for the ticket I gave him.  I responded......how can you put a price on our friendship?  He was quick to respond, "you can't, but there is a price on the ticket.....LOL.

My point here is that we all think about money, cost, revenue/income, or the value of something or someone everyday, but what about the things in our life that are truly priceless?

Michael Douglas is reportedly worth $200mil, but would he give all of that wealth back to be healthy and free from cancer?  Absolutely!

Health is indeed a priceless commodity, just ask someone with poor or failing health!
Relationships are priceless, just ask someone who does not feel connected to someone.

Here's an action item for you.

Create a list of items in your life that you would define as priceless.

-Health
-Family
-Friends
-Time with someone you really care about
-Time by yourself
-Relationships
-My friendship.. (ok, that may retail for $89.99....but still good value...LOL)
-Other????

To end on an uplifting note, I always enjoy some humour to get a point across.
I love the MasterCard commercials, as they do a terrific job of articulating the Priceless message.

Here is a cute clip to get you started on your week.
Click here:

As always, I welcome your feedback on this week's Blog in the comment section below.

"Helping you to the next level"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again a great blog Mike
Have a great Monday!
Charmaine

Anonymous said...

A really great blog today Mike! I am starting to look forward to reading them...imagine that! They are getting better as you write more…loved the clip!
Randa

Anonymous said...

Another great blog entry!
Jason

Anonymous said...

Great blog Mike! So true.
:) Chandelle

Anonymous said...

My thoughts exactly. Wealth is not the most important issue in anyone's life. It is the quality of your life, having health and happiness is most important. But a little money helps also.

Dave Rodwell

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Mike. As soon as I read it I wrote out my list of "Priceless" things in my life. I have a great list.

Thanks.

Edna