Monday, November 8, 2010

Decisions Decisions Decisions

...

“The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure , the process is its own reward.” - Amelia Earhart

In life, we are faced with many decisions on a daily basis.

What shall I wear today?
Should I take the freeway or another route?
Will I be better off without that relationship?
What is my purpose in life?
Can I afford the next vacation?
Should I accept that new job?

While in most cases, making a decision can be easy for some, it can be extremely difficult for others!

What's even worse, many people fail to make a decision in the first place.   In effect, they decide to NOT decide...

It has been said that in life, we have more regret for the things that we do not decide/act upon.

Here is some perspective to give you peace of mind when making critical decisions in your life.

Will it create a Win-Win situation, even though it may not seem like it now?
Will you be better off in the long run making the decision?
Can you avoid not making the decision?
Will you feel better after making the decision?

I am a fan of Andy Andrews and his "7 Decisions for Success"

His first Decision, "The Responsible Decision" (The Buck stops here) states that, "when faced with the opportunity to make a decision, I will make one.  We have the ability to make a decision, and then make it right."

For Andy Andrew's full commentary, Click here:

Ultimately making a decision supersedes standing still and not making one.

I will end with a quote from one of my favorite books.

"Making a decision was only the beginning of things. When someone makes a decision, he is really diving into a strong current that will carry him to places he had never dreamed of when he first made the decision."
-Paulo Coelho, author, "The Alchemist"

I hope that you decide to have a terrific week!

As always, I welcome your feedback in the comment section below.


"Helping you to the Next Level"

9 comments:

Blaine said...

I always enjoy gathering new tidbits of information from your weekly blogs. Your introduction of Andy Andrews and 'The Seven Decisions' teases my thirst to know a little more about this author.
Decision #5 has always been on the top of my list, and now I am encouraged to read the Travelers Gift and dig a little deeper into this mans thoughts.
Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Happy to see that Paulo continues to inspire you. Now, what’s up with those closed-ended questions?
Lara

Anonymous said...

Another excellent blog..I had John read the Alchemist recently as I think it is one of the best novels written about self discovery.

Have an excellent week yourself!
Randa

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thought of the week, I always dig and can use conscious thoughts of action.
Mechele

Anonymous said...

Another great one Mike, thanks for doing what you do my friend!
Jason

Anonymous said...

Great Blog Mike! Making decisions can certainly be a challenge especially when we get caught up in the fear of how will everyone respond to this. I have found that allowing the fear to stop me from making a decision is like pulling around an elephant eventually it completely paralyzes me. Your blog once again has given me some very insightful words of wisdom and great quotes that inspires me to get make those tough decisions. CG

Val said...

Excellent reminder, once again! I am deciding at this moment to have an awesome week and challenge everyone to make sure and join me! Now... on with my "decisions"... ") Thanks Mike!

Anonymous said...

Another great blog article Mike!

~Chad

Anonymous said...

Great reading Mike, thanks for sharing you blog here! Interesting that you would choose to write about tenacity this week. Someone I admire and respect once told me that I have tenacity, and I never realized until I went into sales many years ago just how important a quality it is in business, and life in general.
Kim