Monday, August 9, 2010

ENVY

...


Good day everyone!!

Envy is a small word, but a big issue for many people.

As kids, we would say, "hey, no fair, Johnny got a bigger piece than me."

As adults, we think, "hey no fair, Johnny has a bigger house than I do."

Envy is defined as:

-feeling envious towards someone; admire enviously

-a feeling of grudging admiration and desire to have something that is possessed by another

-be envious of; set one's heart on

-spite and resentment at seeing the success of another (personified as one of the deadly sins)

There is no easy solution to Envy, but I have a few suggestions.   If you see someone with something that you really want, why don't you figure out a way to go get it on your own.  Of course, you will do this with integrity, determination and focus.

“Envy is the art of counting the other person's blessings instead of your own.”  - Harold Coffin

Another option is to create a list of all the things that you have in your life today, and be thankful and full of gratitude for what you have.......and not be envious for the things that you do not have.

Is your glass half full?...........or half empty?

While I have 3 amazing sisters, my middle sister Elaine reminded me of this message last week when she emailed me a note:  "Mike each day you wake up and think.....this is going to be a great day......because there are a few people in this big old world that Love Me."  
This is one of those things that I am thankful for!

I know that many of you will have an awesome week, and others may envy you! .... Feel better?

Have a great and productive week!

(I welcome your comments on my Blog in the comments section below...Thank you!)

"Helping you to the next level"

No comments: