Monday, August 30, 2010

Change your state....!

...

No, this is not a suggestion to move to the USA, but rather changing your personal state of mind....

It is common for many of us who get caught up and wound tight during stressful situations, to put ourselves in a bad or negative state.
I can dabble in that at times....................OK, maybe a little more than dabble....LOL.

Let's say you have being working your butt off, day in and out for weeks and you are burned out?
While you may not be able to stop working (you are self-employed or it is peak season, such as the situation for our farmers, who are in harvest mode at this time of year)
Or, your kid's back to school demands are causing some extra stress; or you are working on a big proposal for your company and the deadline is tomorrow?

I learned this concept from Anthony Robbins and it can really work.
Its called "incantations." That means changing your state of mind by saying positive things to yourself with feeling. Napoleon Hill called it "autosuggestion." This is one of the most basic principles for taking advantage of the awesome power of your mind and fulfilling your potential. Its simple, yet effective, such as:  "I will be great soon", or "I will persist without exception."
It is up to you.....just make it positive and truly believe in what you are saying!

Here's another great, and very effective way to change your state.
Spend time with, or briefly chat with the most energized and positive person that you know.

I had a hectic and stressful week, but I made a very conscience effort to change my state of mind when I felt crappy.
A few examples for me.  Went for a bike ride; worked out; called a great friend (Thanks Arnold!); enjoyed an amazing dinner with my good friends Harvey and Minnie;  (who will be married 66 years this fall..!); had a beer with my friend Craig; had a very relaxing bbq with my other buddy Craig (and Spike); put some new music on my iPod; cooked a great dinner for my son Nick. 
All of the above broke my routine and more quickly helped me out of the rut.
(WOW....I now realize that I had to change my state a few times this past week).

This might sound simple for some or radical for others, but both of the above tips do work............Really!

“Happiness is a state of mind; happiness means calmness of mind...”             
    -Unknown

Enjoy your week and if I happen to get a call from one of you, I will do my best to change your state....!


"Helping you to the next level"

1 comment:

Wang said...

Great advice Mike. I don't get in to too many situations myself but I always try to stay positive (especially after the move to Edmonton from Van which was tougher than I thought) and it definitely helped to be in a positive state of mind even when things weren't going my way.