Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Thank you!

...

With the Thanksgiving weekend behind us, I felt that it was appropriate to give thanks to the many people that are in my world. There are many!
I do not say that to impress you, but to impress upon you that we all have people in our life that care so much about our well-being.

Traditionally, Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks for the harvest and express gratitude in general. I am grateful that my family in Saskatchewan is on the home stretch of getting their harvest off.

As I reflect, I find it really amazing that when you take the time to truly be thankful and grateful for the people you have in your life, nothing else seems as stressful or concerning.

You simply realize that life is pretty good, even though, at times, it can give you grief and challenge.

Those special people that support you, listen to you and care about your well-being make all the difference.  Who are those people in your world?  Are you on someones list too?  This is a reciprocal process, meaning you give to so many people too, and rest assured, they are grateful.

One of my favourite songs is called "Thank You" (Johnny Reid)

The first few lines are as follows:

"If I only had, two words left to say to you.
With my last breath I'd come face the truth to you.
You've never left my side, even when I fell behind.
Thank-you."


Thank you to the special people in my life that never left my side.

Have a great week and be thankful for the great people in your life.

Helping you to the next level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your note made me reflect on "thanks" and I started to think about the EMS guys who worked on my mom. They were great with her. For that, I am very thankful. And, even more so, I'm thankful that there are people willing to do that job. I sure couldn't.

So, thank you for making me reflect on those around us that we're thankful for. It really puts things into perspective and helps me live a life of gratitude.

Have a great day and thank you again for helping me reflect.