Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Never Assume!!

...

How many times have you jumped to conclusions or made certain assumptions and were totally wrong?

You know the old saying................"Never ASSUME, because it can make an ASS of U and ME."

This is an area that I constantly strive to improve upon, however I still catch myself making assumptions.

The good news is that I am right sometimes......The BAD news is that I am wrong more times.

When we were young, we were taught to count to 10 before getting mad and saying something that we may regret.  In our adult life, this is still applicable and it works well when you ASSUME things.  The key difference is that you should likely count for 48 hours....or more in some cases!!!

I failed to follow my own advice recently and jumped to an assumption, that was totally wrong.

As it turned out I made an ASS of me, and not of the other person.  The great ending to the story is that I have truly learned from the experience and more importantly, the other person offered something that TRUMPS any assumption................Forgiveness and understanding that provided a very favorable outcome for both of us!

A quote to ponder.....
“Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's addressed to someone else.”
      -Ivern Ball

On a final note, you can assume that I will be updating my BLOG again next week, but don't ASSUME it will be amazing and life changing....LOL...!

Have a great week.

"Helping you to the next level"......and me too!

No comments: