Saturday, April 10, 2010

PLAY NICE!!!

...


When we were kids, our parents taught us to always play nice and be polite to adults. (Especially for those of us who were raised in Saskatchewan. LOL!!)      I realize today, what valuable lessons they instilled in me.


I have been fortunate to meet many people in my life on a personal and professional basis. The large majority of these people are really NICE!


It is such a simple thing to do in life, yet so many people have challenges making this the constant norm.


When I think about individuals in my circle of influence, I automatically gravitate to the people that are NICE on a consistent basis. I realize to some, this may sound lame, but it is so true!! When you are NICE, you are attracting others to be NICE too. This simple rule is a base criterion for people that I chill with and do business with. In fact, when I refer business to someone, this is a must!


So, what does being NICE, really mean? As I see it, people support and listen to you, offer input without an agenda or wanting anything in return. They make you a better person!


Over the years, I have been referred to as a “Nice Guy” and while I am grateful for the comment, I do not see it as a significant feat, or accomplishment. Being nice is easy and ironically; you are not required to be highly successful, wealthy, good looking, or meet any particular benchmark in society. So many people that I associate with are naturally nice, in fact, over time, they actually influence me, and others. Think about the nicest person you know. It is tough to not be nice when you are in their company.


To those of you that are “playing nice”, please continue......We Thank you!!


For the rest of you, perhaps you wake-up tomorrow with a different perspective to give this “Nice” thing a try. You may be amazed at the results.


Have a nice week!


(I dedicate this week’s Blog to my late Mother, “Helen”, who taught me to be Nice)

I welcome your comments on my Blog in the comments section below...Thank you!





“Helping you to the next level.”

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice article, well written and inspiring!

Supermom? said...

I am so happy to be on your nice list vs the alternative "Naughty" List. Great Blog Mike. I agree with you whole heartedly, even on days in which I really have to hold my composure and be nice. Keep writing great stuff like this and you are right, more people will be nice or will exit from your life entirely and take their negative attitudes with them!

Unknown said...

The old saying "nice guys come last" is out with smoking and fluro pants. Like the post Mike.

Jeff Gunther said...

Mike, you are a gifted communicator - when you speak and when you write - but what really keeps my attention is the fact that you are indeed nice. Thank you for encouraging me and others through this week's blog.

Robert Manolson said...

Play Nice!!! Play Hard. Play Fair. Nobody Hurt. Play Nice.
Robert Manolson
Creator & Facilitator
www.powerfulplayexperiences.ca