Monday, July 19, 2010

Actions speak louder than words!

...

Some may suggest that "talk is cheap", and for the most part this is true, if there is no action or intent behind the talk.

I regard myself as a man of action, yet I enjoy talking about all the things that I want to do and accomplish in my life.

Someone commented to me last week, that "I didn't need to keep saying what my intentions were, because my actions proved it."  In this case, my positive actions were validated and they did indeed speak louder than words, not to mention the fact that it was great to hear this.

How many people do you know that talk about losing weight, or exercising more?  I admire the intent, but if they don't start eating healthier and walking (vs. talking about it) very little progress, if any, will be made.

From a business perspective, I know many people who want to improve their career.  Perhaps by getting a new job, or generating more revenue.  All great ideas, but.....in so many cases that is all it becomes....."talk of an idea."

I came across this quote by Henry Ford many years ago, and it hits me every time that I read it, and reminds me to talk a little less, and act a whole lot more.

"You can`t build a reputation on what you`re going to do" - Henry Ford.

The obvious message here is that if you plan to be slim and trim, or rich and famous, go for it.....but you can't just leverage or hold onto the fact that you only talked about doing all of this.

Remember, to truly create your desired future you must execute on the ideas that will get you to where you want to go.....not just talk about it!!  That is why I respect the people that can truly say that they have "been there, done that."

I PLAN on having a great and productive week.............Really!.........I am not just saying that....!


(I welcome your comments on my Blog in the comments section below...Thank you!)



"Helping you to the Next Level"

No comments: