Sunday, May 23, 2010

If today was your last day!!

...


I hope that you enjoyed the long weekend!    

I realize that this may be a deep topic, but it is ok to think about how we may act differently knowing that today could be our last day.

It is ironic that we may conduct ourselves in a totally different way. Why is that?
Is it because we felt that we are running out of time to accomplish all of our goals and dreams?

Perhaps, we have guilt or regret and we want to wash it away?

...or maybe, we were greedy and now we need to make a difference and give back?

All of these are good reasons to make amends.

I am a big fan of the rock band, "Nickelback"

They have a song called, "If today was your last day."

It starts off with.....................

My best friend gave me the best advice. He said each day's a gift and not a given right.
Leave no stone unturned, leave your fears behind

I really like this advice. Do we cherish and make the most of each day, regardless of what is happening in our life? Not so easy, sometimes, but it may make you think about making some adjustment.

Another verse that really resonates with me is the following:

Would you live each moment like your last? Leave old pictures in the past?
Donate every dime you had, if today was your last day?

Too often we get too busy and we do not stop and offer our dime, or our time. The latter is much more valuable in most cases.

Now this next verse is a lesson in itself.....

Every second counts 'cause there's no second try. So live like you're never living twice.
Don't take the free ride in your own life.

I know many people that are taking a free ride, simply because they did not pay the driver to take them where they want to go. As I see it, we are the "drivers" of our own life. Do we know where we are going? Maybe we need to check out the map and plan a course that will get us to where we want to go.

On a motivational note, this finally verse, can motivate all of us...

You know it's never too late to shoot for the stars, regardless of who you are
So do whatever it takes, cause you can't rewind a moment in this life.

Are we at a stage in our life where we think that there is no point to shoot for the stars any longer? Hopefully not.......we are never too old to shoot for more in life. (Remember my friend Harvey, who became an actor at 65......?)

Many years ago, I heard a statement, while I was attending a Time Management course.
It basically encouraged all of us to live life on purpose, not by accident. Be deliberate in what we do. Be glad you did, vs. you wish you had!

As you finish reading my Blog for this week, I do hope that it does not make you feel bad, but rather makes you see the opportunity to live life to your full potential......whatever that may look like.

"Helping you to the next level"

1 comment:

Miller Mortgage said...

One of my favorite songs, thank you so much for your words of inspiration!

- Adrianne