Monday, September 13, 2010

Slow down, you're going too fast...

...

As the song from the 60's suggests.  "Slow down you move too fast, you've got to make the morning last"
...by Simon and Garfunkel  -59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy)

It opens with............

Slow down, you move too fast.
You got to make the morning last.
Just kicking down the cobble stones.
Looking for fun and feelin' groovy.

It has been way too long since I kicked a cobble stone.  Now that I think about, I have never kicked a cobble stone...LOL

Well, we may no longer use the word groovy, but what about, content, joyful, happy, grateful, accomplished, fulfilled?

As I reflect on the past summer and the many contacts that I speak and communicate with it is evident that we are moving faster and faster and don't feel "groovy" as often as we should.  I can definitely attest to this from time to time.

Where are you going in such a hurry?   Remember, life is about the journey not just the destination! 

Much like what Jack said to Rose during a dramatic scene from the Titanic...
"You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count" 
Are you making every moment count?

A very good friend of mine asked me recently, "Mike, do you take your own advice when you write your Blog?"  The answer is yes.  Remember, I am the first person to read the Blog and often refer back to past Blog's as a reminder to follow my own message. It is simple advice that we all need to be reminded of, from time to time.

Back to feelin groovy....
If we take a moment for ourselves and reflect on the journey and slowdown and not always go too fast, we may have alot more fun along the way.

Have a groovy week.  Peace!   (OK, a little too 60's perhaps)


"Helping you to the next level"

2 comments:

Carol Gervais said...

Great message! Life is about experiences and if we are just bulldozing are way through everything we are completing missing the point. Thanks Mike, exactly what I needed to start my busy weak.

Anonymous said...

Well done mister cobblestone kicker.